Saturday 27 June 2009

Day Fivee (:

Today was really hard. I started to really miss my family today, Callista in particular. At the night show tonight i sat with a little girl who was six years old. She was out in Kingston at night with only her 13 year old sister. She sat on my lap and danced with me for the whole time, at the end of the show i asked her where anyone in her family was, that was when she told me she was only with her sister and that she didn't know where her sister was. I felt bad because i could see how scared she was in her eyes, i offered to help her find her sister and we finally found her. Then the little girl gave me a huge hug and told me she wouldn't forget me. That whole thing made me think more and more about Callista, and about how lucky we were to have each other, its about 11:30 here in Kingston and i still have to take a shower. Breakfast tomorrow at six then off to church! I'll try to write a blog tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, we are missing you a bunch too! I am so glad you get to serve the people of Jamaica though. Your mom and I are very thrilled that you are able to do this trip. We pray that lives are changed through you by Him who sent you. I know that you are meant to be there by the way your funds rolled in when you stopped counting on yourself and trusted in God. We Got to see God working through our prayers before you even got to leave...TOO COOL. We are praying for the divine appointments that God has already set in motion for you and the rest of the groups you are serving with.
    God bless you and Charlotte, keep safe keep healthy
    Love you lots,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Honey, church was great this morning. We prayed for the team, including you. In the message, Tony talked about "Losing Your First Love." Read through Revelation 2:1-7. Pastor Tony talked about how we can be doing good things for Christ, but forget the love relationship we have with Him. He made special mention of the Jamaica team and how you need to not get caught up in the work you are doing, but to remember your love for the One who you're working for. You and Charlotte should read through it together to encourage each other. We missed having you there. On my way to the Jamaica meeting to encourage the other parents.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you, too, sweet girl. I'm sure when that little girl hears of God's love, she will remember you. You may be the first person to show her God's love. Keep up the good work and remember Who you are representing. I know you will be happy to see your own team on Wednesday. Did you wear your awesome hat to church?
    Love,
    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Darlin' Girl!! We just got home last night and I got to sit down at the computer and get caught up on your blog today. I'll check every day to see how your trip is going. I've e-mailed a link to your blog out to a bunch of people and put it on my blog too. Many people will join us in praying for you and the team, I'm sure! God bless you, Sweetheart. We're all so pleased to see what a godly young woman you're becoming and I'm touched to know what a heart you have to do this work that God has put before you. As long as you keep posting, I'll keep reading!
    Love you!
    Aunt Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Haley, I'm so happy to have a missionary niece. The cultural differences are always interesting, aren't they. Keep up the good work. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

    Love

    Uncle Wade

    ReplyDelete